London, 20 December 2021
This week, eRevMax earned Hotel Tech Report’s Level I Global Customer Support Certification (GCSC) for its investments into tools, processes and strategies to ensure the ongoing success of its customers across the four of the key pillars of the GCSC Rubric including: pre-emptive support, reactive support, coaching and customer validation.
The Hotel Tech Report GCSC certification program analyzes software vendors along critical dimensions of customer support infrastructure in order to help hoteliers minimize risk and maximize positive outcomes when selecting technology partners. In order to become certified, companies must open their internal systems to Hotel Tech Report for assessment along HTR’s rigorous 34-point GCSC Rubric.
“eRevMax’s approach to customer support and success is extremely unique in that rather than a shotgun broad approach they have taken a much more targeted and segmented one. On the backend their escalations, assignments, prioritization and tracking are extremely well mapped out and thought through. And from an end user perspective the entire support system can be accessed at their fingers tips. If you have a feature request, its one click away. If you have a question about a feature, click the help button and targeted knowledge base articles pop up intuitively. If you want to dig deeper into data, you instantly find dynamic tooltips with explanations and recommendations behind the numbers. The eRevMax’s support tools, team and processes are exceptional and any hotelier that chooses to partner with them can rest assured that they will be in good hands”
Co-founder, Hotel Tech Report
“We are glad to receive HTR’s Global Customer Support Certification, which has become an industry benchmark. The certification goes on to recognize our commitment to our customer success processes. RateTiger products and services are built with a hotel-first approach. We understand the technology criticality and need for hotels to have a simple platform for managing key business processes. Hence our products and customer support initiatives are geared towards helping hotels maximize profits from every room sold and leverage new sources of revenue. Our customer success processes are unique and we believe in ongoing technology investment in order to continue offering our hotel partners with world-class products and support, which has led to solid and stable revenue growth for our clients over the years.”
SVP Operations, RateTiger – eRevMax
The below GCSC assessment outlines the verified systems and processes that eRevMax has in place to educate, train, retain and support customers.
eRevMax’s GCSC Assessment Summary
- Rubric Score: 26/34
- Certification Level: I
- Customer Orientation: Customer Minded
- Recommendation: Highly recommended
- Support Team Size: 10
- Support Team Leaders: Suchandra Acharya, VP – Customer Support
- Certification Period: December 2021 – December 2022
- Support Stack: Trello, SurveyMonkey, Miscrosoft Office
GCSC Support Rubric Section I: Pre-Emptive Support
The Pre-Emptive support pillar of the GSCG Scoring Rubric audits the tools and processes the vendor has in place to provide customers with easy access to self-help resources. These self-help resources serve as a basis to offer easy troubleshooting as well as to preempt answers to product related questions before they arise providing a more intuitive and seamless experience for clients. The following are the rubric items that Hotel Tech Report has verified that eRevMax has in place for clients:
- 1.1 Online knowledge base/help center: Vendor offers a searchable help center for customers to easily find answers to common customer questions.
- 3.2 Tooltips: Vendor offers helpful tips and hints presented when users hover over buttons and UI elements in the interface. (min of 10 in-app tooltips)
- 4.1 Implementation documentation/roadmap: Vendor offers clients a visual map of the steps, processes and stakeholders upon onboarding to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned to make the implementation process more seamless.
- 4.2 Proprietary data recommendations: Vendor aggregates product usage data across clients to benchmark performance and provide recommendations to their users to help them learn about best practices, make better decisions and maximize product utilization.
GCSC Support Rubric Section II: Reactive Support
The Reactive Support Pillar assesses the company’s responsiveness to clients and their ability to resolve issues quickly when they arise ensuring prompt response and service to clients. The following are the rubric items that Hotel Tech Report has verified that eRevMax has in place for clients:
- 1.2 Transparent process: Vendor has opened up their systems to Hotel Tech Report via screen share to verify their tools and processes in place to deliver customer support.
- 1.3 Email support or phone support: Vendor at least one of the traditional methods of customer support channels, email or phone support (additional channels: phone, chat, email)
- 1.4 Multi-lingual support: Vendor offers support in the languages where they have active clients (English, German, Italian, Spanish)
- 1.5 Purpose built support and ticket management tool: Vendor utilizes professional customer support software that has functionality to effectively manage support tickets, followup, escalations and analytics.
- 3.3 Contract SLAs: Vendor has service level agreement (SLA) terms in place in client contracts to guarantee that service levels are upheld.
- 3.5 Feature request tracking: Vendor offers the ability for clients to easily submit feature requests and has a methodology in place for escalating high priority features.
- 4.4 24/7 support availability: Vendor offers 24/7 support to clients for around the clock assistance.
- 4.5 Verified Contract SLA monitoring: Vendor has SLA terms fully integrated into their customer support software that has automatic notifications ensuring that SLA’s are monitored and upheld.
GCSC Support Rubric Section III: Customer Success & Coaching
While keeping customers happy is commonly thought of by software companies as the top priority, keeping them well informed is of equal importance. The third pillar of the GCSC Rubric identifies the key ways that vendors inform, educate and train their customers to realize successful outcomes with their products. The following are the rubric items that Hotel Tech Report has verified that eRevMax has in place for clients:
- 1.7 Customer satisfaction monitoring (ex. NPS surveys, CSAT): Vendor has processes in place to regularly monitor customer satisfaction.
- 2.3 Product updates/changes (release notes/changelog): Vendor offers easily accessible robust documentation of feature updates and product improvements to educate clients on new ways to maximize usage of the product.
- 2.4 Quarterly success check ins: Vendor offers [at least] quarterly customer success check ins to review progress, share best practices and ensure that clients are successful and happy with the product or service.
- 3.6 Performance reporting: Vendor offers reporting and analytics to show clients the value of the product or service.
- 4.8 Online community: Vendor offers and online community for customers that allows users to engage with each other as well as targeted content in a contextualized setting to enable self-service discovery and problem solving.
- 4.9 Dedicated customer success monitoring software: Vendor utilizes dedicated customer success software to monitor product usage and coach users to succeed with the product.
- 4.10 Customer conference: Vendor produces an in-person or online user conference to build a community, share product updates and educate users on best
GCSC Support Rubric Section IV: Customer Validation
The GCSC’s 34-point rubric and Hotel Tech Report’s verification of internal tools and processes validate the vendor’s systems in place; however, the validation of the success of these tools and processes can most significantly be validated by the unbiased perspectives of real hotelier customers. This pillar looks at unbiased verified client reviews and satisfaction scores to validate that the processes in place are working in the eyes of customers based on their satisfaction ratings. The following are the rubric items that Hotel Tech Report has verified that eRevMax has in place for clients:
- 3.7 Public Feedback Validation: Vendor shows exemplary client relationships and is a top performer on Hotel Tech Report with more than 50 verified client reviews.
- 4.12 4.7 avg. customer support rating: Vendor has outstanding customer support ratings averaging more than 4.5/5 across all client reviews.
About the Hotel Tech Report Global Customer Support Certification (GCSC)
Support is one of the most critical aspects of the vendor selection process and yet historically there has never been a way to know the quality of a company’s support, until now. Using Hotel Tech Report’s proprietary framework, companies are assessed along four key dimensions: pre-emptive support, reactive support, coaching/success and client validation to provide hoteliers unprecedented levels of transparency to more easily identify top technology partners.For more information please visit: https://partners.hoteltechreport.com/global-support-certification/